Welcome to my blog for long-distance running!

If you have visited this blog, chances are, you are a passionate runner, just like me!







In this blog you will find my every-day training regime, including running sessions, biking, callisthenics, preparation for particular races.







Any thoughts, ideas or well-intended and constructive criticism are welcome.







Montag, 16. August 2010

a run to Budapest and back

Coming back to the office after my holiday break, there was a surprise waiting for me on my desk: work!
Holidays... I can never get enough! Here's a flash update of what I have been up to the last 14 days training-wise:
Training in Budapest: First day off. Then every day 17km at the Margaret island which has a tartan running route of 5.3km around it. Back in Scheveningen: 22km with last 3km faster. 12km easy. 32km with 5km faster. 11km morning and 10km afternoon.
Total for last week: 135km. It was easy to do it during vacation, but now that I am back at work I will drop the mileage. This week I would also like to do a tempo.
Budapest was excellent, lots of walking and perfect view spots of Pest from the hills of Buda. I also went to the European swimming championships and enjoyed front row finals 400m men freestyle, 400m women medley, 4x100 men and women freestyle. Front row also at the première of Bohème, very nice, though a bit out of season, don't you think?
And aaaahhhh... the spaaaaas... to die for!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen