Welcome to my blog for long-distance running!

If you have visited this blog, chances are, you are a passionate runner, just like me!







In this blog you will find my every-day training regime, including running sessions, biking, callisthenics, preparation for particular races.







Any thoughts, ideas or well-intended and constructive criticism are welcome.







Montag, 6. Dezember 2010

snow storm -> defeat

My weekend was... stormy!
On Sat. morning I started running at 08:00. At 09:00 I was caught by the snow storm 10km away from home. The snow piled up quickly on the dunes, which were already covered with powder snow. The storm was so thick, I couldn't see in front of me. The wind was hitting me from all directions. I somehow found my way back, 1:30hrs in the snow storm. After a hot shower I went to bed, and when I woke up in the evening I was sick. I threw up 4 times and could barely walk.
Yesterday I woke up at 12:30pm, went for a 20min walk and came back home to sleep again.
Lesson learnt: Do not mess with the weather. Always, always take the weather into consideration when planning training. Snow/hail/strong wind/heat wave will affect not only speed, but also mileage - otherwise my health will suffer!
Last week's mileage sums up to 110km. Now the weather is much better, but the dunes are covered with ice. Road running is scheduled! This morning I did 16km easy recovery run.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen