Welcome to my blog for long-distance running!

If you have visited this blog, chances are, you are a passionate runner, just like me!







In this blog you will find my every-day training regime, including running sessions, biking, callisthenics, preparation for particular races.







Any thoughts, ideas or well-intended and constructive criticism are welcome.







Montag, 7. November 2011

proper rest day

The past three days have been busy-busy, but I did not compromise my work outs. On the contrary, I actually did more than the initial outlook: on Friday I ran a total of 22km on the treadmill (!), and I also went to body pump and spin class. On Saturday morning I pretended I did not hear the pain from my tired legs and feet - especially the ankles- and went to the gym for a marathon session of: 45min cycling, 45min rpm class, 2hrs on the treadmill for 22km; and then 45min weight lifting including squats and lunges using the step. After the sauna I went out with a frined, and came back home at 20:00. No comment! On Sunday morning I insisted, and persisted: I went to the gym for 40min cycling, 1hr extra-hard spin class, 1hr run on the treadmill of 11km, and then 45min intensive weight lifting for the upper body, including super-sets and squat intervals! After the sauna I headed straight back home, where I slept for 3 hours (!) before going to the movies.
Today I was thinking: when was the last time I had a proper rest day? Sundays are supposedly my "easy" days, because I drop the mileage, but honestly it is not proper rest if I consider the rest of Sunday's work out. I have noticed how much I profit from the extra sleep, whenever I get it. Today I will most probably take this valuable rest day and head straight back home for extra afternoon sleep. Light cross-training includes cycling to and from work, taking the stairs to the 20th floor, and maybe stretching and/or walking in the evening. I am looking forward to it!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen