Welcome to my blog for long-distance running!

If you have visited this blog, chances are, you are a passionate runner, just like me!







In this blog you will find my every-day training regime, including running sessions, biking, callisthenics, preparation for particular races.







Any thoughts, ideas or well-intended and constructive criticism are welcome.







Freitag, 18. November 2011

un-wind, de-bugging period

Now that I am allowing my body to relax, it is amazing how much accumulated tiredness has surfaced. Strained muscles, sleepiness, sore back, heavy arms... it seems that the more I rest, the more my body screams for even more rest.
Yesterday at the gym I warmed up in the sauna and then headed for some cycling, before body pump, which was followed by rpm class. I finished off with more cycling and combo of squats, lunges and weights for the arms. Today I will just go to the sauna to warm up! In the weekend I will do each morning a combo of cycling, rpm/spin class, body pump/weight lifting, cycling, and squats and lunges with weights for the arms. In the coming weeks, I will focus on low-intensity work outs, easy, and short. I will also add 1-2 days of rest per week.
Now that the days are short, it is an opportunity to sleep more and rejuvenate.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen