Welcome to my blog for long-distance running!

If you have visited this blog, chances are, you are a passionate runner, just like me!







In this blog you will find my every-day training regime, including running sessions, biking, callisthenics, preparation for particular races.







Any thoughts, ideas or well-intended and constructive criticism are welcome.







Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2011

rest pays off

On Monday morning I ran about 17km at the dunes in 1hr:45min. In the afternoon (and even before that, actually all day long!) I was feeling tired and my blood sugar level hit an all-time low. I skipped the gym, the bed sounded even better than the sauna. I went straight to bed back home and slept for about 2hrs. When I woke up, a short walk at the beach and some pilates at home helped my body recover.
Because on Tuesday I was up and running at 05:55am! I ran about 21.5km in 2hrs:20min, followed by a short walk to relax those muscles. In the evening I went to the gym: treadmill: 10.6km in 1hr, inclination 1, speed 10-11km/hr; 1hr cycling, 26km, resistance 7; 50min abs and weight lifting; sauna 30min.
Today I was feeling ok during my 17-17.5km morning run, but I tried to keep it easy at 1hr:45min.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen