Welcome to my blog for long-distance running!

If you have visited this blog, chances are, you are a passionate runner, just like me!







In this blog you will find my every-day training regime, including running sessions, biking, callisthenics, preparation for particular races.







Any thoughts, ideas or well-intended and constructive criticism are welcome.







Donnerstag, 29. September 2011

variety AND treadmill run!

Yesterday I got off from work early so going to the gym I had sufficient time to combine variety and a treadmill run: I started off with 35min cycling, resistance 7-8; 15min team workout abs; on the treadmill: 1km uphill walk, inclination 7.5, speed 5.6-6.3km/hr; then 12km run, inclination 1, speed 10.6-10.9km/hr; 1hr spin class; then back on the treadmill for: 0.5km uphill walk, inclination 7.5, speed 5.6-6.1km/hr; and 6km run, inclination 1-1.5, speed 10.6-10.8km/hr. In total I ran 18km on the treadmill!
Today I was definitely feeling those 18km on my legs: in my morning run the temp was affected by this and the darkness in a peculiar way: I started off really fast because there was no wind, but mainly because it was dark and I was scared! Then, suddenly, after about 14-15km, tiredness started to settle in and my tempo was adjusted. So in the end I finished at 1hr:55min, about 18-18.5km. Not too bad, after all! Today at the gym I will have my first body pump class after my vacation in Budapest... I suspect it will be hard, even more so combined with cycling, rpm, and a short treadmill sesh!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen