Welcome to my blog for long-distance running!

If you have visited this blog, chances are, you are a passionate runner, just like me!







In this blog you will find my every-day training regime, including running sessions, biking, callisthenics, preparation for particular races.







Any thoughts, ideas or well-intended and constructive criticism are welcome.







Mittwoch, 3. November 2010

high peaks

On Mon. evening I did 9km at 12km/hr, on Tue. morning 20km easy and on Tue evening 5km easy. This morning I ran 16km under rain showers, fighting against the wind.
It is evident: as the winter approaches, the weather will slow me down - and probably the evening runs will gradually be replaced by more sleep!
Seriously though, I believe such high mileage is not sustainable in the long run. I think it is good to try it out for 1-2 months max (I have been doing it for the past 2 weeks), but then reduce mileage, because muscle soreness will prevail. Actually yesterday I was feeling my legs very sore. Also, I suspect hormones/sleep habits are deeply affected by high mileage in the long run, which can't be good.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen