Welcome to my blog for long-distance running!

If you have visited this blog, chances are, you are a passionate runner, just like me!







In this blog you will find my every-day training regime, including running sessions, biking, callisthenics, preparation for particular races.







Any thoughts, ideas or well-intended and constructive criticism are welcome.







Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2011

the rest day

Today is the rest day. I can't remember when my last rest day was! I suppose this is a strong indication that today is going to be just that. Also, I feel very tired because since my mother left, I have been training hard both at the dunes and in the gym non-stop. I have noticed that more sleep does not do the trick anymore. My body needs more recovery time. So today's schedule is: sauna. The only training I will get will be biking to and from work, some staircase, and maybe a walk at the beach in the evening.
The training update since Monday is like a marathon every single day: on Monday evening I went to the gym for 10.3km on the treadmill, 1hr spin class, 45min cycling, 30min weights. On Tuesday morning I ran at the dunes 23km in 2hrs:25min, and in the evening I went to the gym, where I fell in love with biking: I cycled 1hr, resistance 7-9, 450kcal; 50min rpm class; 1hr spin class; 30min abs and weights. In the end of these sessions sauna helps me wind down, but really nothing replaces a good rest day.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen