Welcome to my blog for long-distance running!

If you have visited this blog, chances are, you are a passionate runner, just like me!







In this blog you will find my every-day training regime, including running sessions, biking, callisthenics, preparation for particular races.







Any thoughts, ideas or well-intended and constructive criticism are welcome.







Montag, 24. Oktober 2011

smooth training

I have been thoroughly enjoying buiding up mileage on the treadmill, because, apart from the comfortable indoor weather conditions (!) and my favourite tv shows, I yield benefits from smooth and steady running surface. My ankles and hamstrings are grateful!
On Friday afternoon I went to the gym and warmed up with 0.5km uphill walk. I then ran about 18km in 1hr:40min, before going to body pump class. I then returned on the treadmill for another 7km, followed by a good stretch and a sauna session. On Saturday I went to the gym at 09:00 and left at 14:45. It was a great marathon session of 40min cycling; 45min rpm class; 21.2km run on the treadmill in about 1hr:55min; squats, lunges and weight lifting for the legs; 15min team workout abs; sauna. Shopping, going out with a friend and going to the movies had the rest of Saturday full! On Sunday morning I defied tiredness and went to the gym again at 09:00, for: 40min cycling; 1hr spin class; 11km on the treadmill in 1hr; 15min weights for the arms; sauna. After some shopping I was home at 14:30 and did not go anywhere for the rest of the day! Today I was therefore fresh and sporty: very early in the morning I ran to the frozen dunes (-1 C!) 1hr, about 9.5km. In the afternoon I will hit the gym for one long treadmill session, and 2hrs spin class, and of course sauna to accumulate some heat!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen